I am so HAPPY each Christmas Eve (1859)
1. I am so happy each Christmas Eve
The night of
Then like the sun the Star shone forth,
And angels sang on earth.
2. The little Child in Bethlehem,
He was a King indeed!
For He came down from heaven above
To help a world in need.
3. He dwells again in heaven's realm,
The Son of God today;
And still He loves His little ones
And hears them when they pray.
4. I am so happy on Christmas Eve!
His praises then I sing;
He opens then for every child
The palace of the King.
5. When mother trims the Christmas tree
Which fills the room with light,
She tells me of the wondrous Star
That made the dark world bright.
6. She says the Star is shining still,
And never will grow dim;
And if it shines upon my way,
It leads me up to Him.